Fun Summer Vacation Activities with Family

It’s more than half way through the summer vacation. How’s your family life with your kids being around? Here are some wonderful family activities for you to spice things up a little bit during this period. Take a look!

1. Have a picnic in the garden

Pick a breezy warm afternoon and prepare some healthy snacks, preferably home-made ones. Call on the little ones to help out like setting up the picnic cloth and laying the food out. Make it a casual and relaxing afternoon where every member of the family is enjoying the time being together while eating heartily in the nature.

2. Wash the car

Ask your husband or your teen child to wash the car with you. As it is an eternal truth that “Work creates value”, it must be rewarding to have a dirt-covered car turned into a squeaky-clean one. During the process, it won’t hurt to have a bit of water-splashing fun! After all, it can hlep to cool the heat down.

3. Watch a movie

What is better than a takeout and movie night? Nothing! So just order in your family’s favorite food and pick a movie to everyone’s taste. You can do some prep like turning on the projector and dimming the light. The rest you need to do is sitting back and waiting for the doorbell to ring!

4. DIY a little something

This is an ideal activity for kids at home. It helps them develop creative and hands-on skills. The choice of DIY project varies based on kids’ age. Here is a project for kids aged between 10~12. It requires only several commonly-seen household objects, some paper cups, a knife and one set of string lights. Here is the video showing you how to create this fab effect.

All in all, spending time with family is always among one of the most important things to do. Comment below about your favorite activity!

\ 107x17\ 107x17

2 Likes

My husband and I are spending a lot of time indoors. Picnic in the living room floor with movies! Those candles look awesome!

1 Like

You just combine two activities. Awesome! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I really like the paper cup light video. It would be a great project for kids!

1 Like

Yeah take the chance to bond with your kids!

2 Likes

I love having family game night when we all get together and play a number of different board games and order pizza for dinner. I love the video DIY-paper cup string light! Excellent idea

1 Like

There is nothing more important than taking time to bond with your children. They will always have fond memories of their childhood if you make it a priority to spend time with them

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun!

2 Likes

It definitely is a lot of fun!

2 Likes